Why Deliver at Wesley?
Our experienced, compassionate doctors and medical providers at Heartland Women’s Group consider it a privilege to play a role in your pregnancy journey and birth celebration. And that same spirit is found at Wesley Medical Center. Known as “The Baby Hospital” for more than a century now, Wesley Medical Center welcomes nearly 6,000 babies into the world each year. At Wesley, you can expect to find experienced staff, individualized care and thoughtful amenities to ensure your birth experience is as comforting and safe as possible.
Each day we strive to give families their ideal birth experience. The Wesley Birth Care Suites are especially designed for women planning a family-centered birth. Watch a video tour of the Birth Care Suites.WMC Birthcare Suites Virtual Tour
Having Your Baby at Wesley
One of the very first, important decisions you’ll make as a parent is choosing where your baby will be born. Women have been having their babies at Wesley Medical Center for more than 100 years now and this tradition of excellence continues today with Wesley Medical Center welcoming nearly 6,000 babies each year.
Wesley Medical Center’s maternity care program is nationally distinguished by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas and it’s the only hospital in Kansas recognized as a Baby-Friendly birth facility for its efforts to encourage skin-to-skin contact between mothers and babies and offer new mothers information and confidence-boosting skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breast-feeding their babies.
Wesley has a wide range of support for expectant moms, including:
- Twenty Birth Care Suites, which include a caregiver bed, a family room and a private bathroom, all in addition to the mother’s room
- 18-inch touchscreen monitors at each bedside that allow patients to review medical information, access entertainment (movies, television channels and radio) and the Internet to video chat with family members
- Expert high-risk pregnancy care
- A highly-respected neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) staffed by a team of tenured, experienced specialists
- Free breastfeeding clinics for mother’s who have delivered at Wesley
- A dedicated Nurse Navigator of Women’s Health who can answer any questions you might have about delivering at Wesley
- Educational classes on childbirth, baby care, breastfeeding and more
Our highly experienced staff, personalized care and luxurious amenities are all designed to make your birthing experience as comfortable as possible. You can feel confident in choosing both Heartland Women’s Group and Wesley Medical Center for your prenatal care and your labor and delivery needs.
To learn more about having your baby at “The Baby Hospital,” feel free to call us at (316) 858-7100.